By Philip Kromer,Russell Jurney
Finding styles in colossal occasion streams may be tricky, yet studying how to define them doesn’t need to be. This distinct hands-on consultant indicates you ways to resolve this and lots of different difficulties in large-scale info processing with uncomplicated, enjoyable, and chic instruments that leverage Apache Hadoop. You’ll achieve a realistic, actionable view of huge information by means of operating with genuine facts and genuine problems.
Perfect for newcomers, this book’s procedure also will entice skilled practitioners who are looking to brush up on their abilities. half I explains how Hadoop and MapReduce paintings, whereas half II covers many analytic styles you should use to technique any info. As you're employed via a number of routines, you’ll additionally find out how to use Apache Pig to technique data.
- Learn the required mechanics of operating with Hadoop, together with how information and computation movement round the cluster
- Dive into map/reduce mechanics and construct your first map/reduce activity in Python
- Understand the way to run chains of map/reduce jobs within the kind of Pig scripts
- Use a real-world dataset—baseball functionality statistics—throughout the book
- Work with examples of numerous analytic styles, and examine whilst and the place you may use them
Read or Download Big Data for Chimps: A Guide to Massive-Scale Data Processing in Practice PDF
Similar data mining books
Our skill to generate and gather information has been expanding swiftly. not just are all of our company, clinical, and executive transactions now automatic, however the common use of electronic cameras, ebook instruments, and bar codes additionally generate facts. at the assortment facet, scanned textual content and photo structures, satellite tv for pc distant sensing structures, and the area huge net have flooded us with an enormous volume of information.
Ensemble tools were referred to as the main influential improvement in info Mining and laptop studying long ago decade. They mix a number of types into one often extra exact than the easiest of its elements. Ensembles promises a serious advance to commercial demanding situations -- from funding timing to drug discovery, and fraud detection to suggestion structures -- the place predictive accuracy is extra very important than version interpretability.
Python information Analytics may also help you take on the area of information acquisition and research utilizing the ability of the Python language. on the center of this publication lies the insurance of pandas, an open resource, BSD-licensed library offering high-performance, easy-to-use facts buildings and knowledge research instruments for the Python programming language.
This quantity includes nineteen learn papers belonging to theareas of computational records, facts mining, and their functions. these papers, all written in particular for this quantity, are their authors’ contributions to honour and rejoice Professor Jacek Koronacki at the occcasion of his seventieth birthday.
- Knowledge Discovery in Spatial Data (Advances in Spatial Science)
- Computational Business Analytics (Chapman & Hall/CRC Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery Series)
- The Art of Data Analysis: How to Answer Almost Any Question Using Basic Statistics
- Econophysics Approaches to Large-Scale Business Data and Financial Crisis: Proceedings of Tokyo Tech-Hitotsubashi Interdisciplinary Conference + APFA7
- Business Information Systems: 20th International Conference, BIS 2017, Poznan, Poland, June 28–30, 2017, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing)
Additional info for Big Data for Chimps: A Guide to Massive-Scale Data Processing in Practice
Big Data for Chimps: A Guide to Massive-Scale Data Processing in Practice by Philip Kromer,Russell Jurney