By D. Douglas Caulkins,Ann T. Jordan
- Offers the 1st complete connection with the anthropological examine of advanced organizations
- Details how organizational conception and examine in enterprise has followed anthropology’s key idea of tradition, inspiring new insights into organizational dynamics and development
- Highlights pioneering theoretical views starting from symbolic and semiotic techniques to neuroscientific frameworks for learning modern organizations
- Addresses the comparative and cross-cultural dimensions of establishment firms and of non-governmental businesses operating within the globalizing economy
- Topics lined contain organizational dynamics, entrepreneurship, innovation, social networks, cognitive types and group construction, organizational dysfunctions, worldwide networked corporations, NGOs, unions, digital groups, company tradition and social responsibility
- Presents a physique of labor that displays the breadth and intensity of the sphere of organizational anthropology and makes the case for the significance of the sphere within the anthropology of the twenty-first century
Read or Download A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Best anthropology books
Cultural variety and households: increasing views breaks new floor by way of investigating how ideas of cultural variety have formed the research of households from theoretical and utilized views. Authors Bahira Sherif Trask and Raeann R. Hamon circulate the discussion approximately culturally assorted households to a brand new point by way of topically discussing the problems affecting culturally varied households instead of organizing the knowledge through racial and or ethnic teams.
How may perhaps a multiracial notion dismantle our unfavorable development of race? How can we redefine `ethnicity' while `race' is much less crucial to the definition? The Multiracial adventure demanding situations present theoretical and political conceptualizations of race utilizing the multiracial adventure of people as a device for reading those and different questions.
Towns have continually been dynamic social environments for visible and differently symbolic festival among the teams who reside and paintings inside of them. In modern city parts, every type of range are at the same time elevated and centred, leader among them lately being the ethnic and racial transformation produced by means of migration and the gentrification of as soon as socially marginal parts of town.
Footwork deals an unique street-corner ethnography drawing at the issues of city regeneration, misplaced house and the 24-hour urban. It exhibits how city modernisation, improvement and politics influence at the hidden lives of individuals residing and dealing at the streets. From the tough drowsing homeless to road drinkers and intercourse staff, this booklet finds the tales of the susceptible and remoted - humans dwelling within the urban we frequently decide to forget about.
- Marriage Ceremonies in Morocco (Routledge Revivals): Volume 4
- Anthracite's Demise and the Post-Coal Economy of Northeastern Pennsylvania
- Lord Eight Wind of Suchixtlan and the Heroes of Ancient Oaxaca: Reading History in the Codex Zouche-Nuttall (The Linda Schele Series in Maya and Pre-Columbian Studies)
- Neoliberalism and Commodity Production in Mexico
- Race and Nation in Modern Latin America
- Power Indices and Coalition Formation
Extra info for A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by D. Douglas Caulkins,Ann T. Jordan